Port Moresby, NCD, PG
Banking & Finance
National Development Bank Ltd
The National Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer searching for potential and highly qualified candidates to fill this position at our MIS Department at the Head Office.
The ICT Technician’s role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problems areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training and assistance where required.
Strategy & Planning
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
• Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
• Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
• Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Conduct research on computer products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
• Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware, and related products.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware, and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
• Work with end-users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
• Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
• Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end-user workstation software and networking software products.
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end-users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
• Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
• Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
• Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including servers.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Extensive equipment support experience with soldering & network tools.
• Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• On-call availability for 14 days per month.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Shift work
Forward written applications with a detailed resume including names of three referees to
The Manager Human Resources Department,
National Development Bank Limited
P. O. Box 686, WAIGANI,
National Capital District, Papua New Guinea; or
Applications close on Friday, 15th October 2021